No charges will be filed against an ex-Syracuse University assistant basketball coach who was accused of molesting young boys, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Prosecutors said an investigation "revealed insufficient evidence to pursue criminal charges" against Bernie Fine, the (Albany, N.Y.) Times Union reported Friday.
Fine was fired Nov. 27, 2011, after three men accused him of molesting them when they were young,
The Syracuse (N.Y.) Post-Standard reported the 66-year-old Fine, who served under Coach Jim Boeheim, has maintained his innocence in the case.
The investigation involved more than 100,000 pages of seized documents and interviews with 130 witnesses, the attorney's office said.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say