No charges will be filed against an ex-Syracuse University assistant basketball coach who was accused of molesting young boys, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Prosecutors said an investigation "revealed insufficient evidence to pursue criminal charges" against Bernie Fine, the (Albany, N.Y.) Times Union reported Friday.
Fine was fired Nov. 27, 2011, after three men accused him of molesting them when they were young,
The Syracuse (N.Y.) Post-Standard reported the 66-year-old Fine, who served under Coach Jim Boeheim, has maintained his innocence in the case.
The investigation involved more than 100,000 pages of seized documents and interviews with 130 witnesses, the attorney's office said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women