No charges will be filed against an ex-Syracuse University assistant basketball coach who was accused of molesting young boys, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Prosecutors said an investigation "revealed insufficient evidence to pursue criminal charges" against Bernie Fine, the (Albany, N.Y.) Times Union reported Friday.
Fine was fired Nov. 27, 2011, after three men accused him of molesting them when they were young,
The Syracuse (N.Y.) Post-Standard reported the 66-year-old Fine, who served under Coach Jim Boeheim, has maintained his innocence in the case.
The investigation involved more than 100,000 pages of seized documents and interviews with 130 witnesses, the attorney's office said.
Most Popular Stories
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Early Voting Begins in Texas