No charges will be filed against an ex-Syracuse University assistant basketball coach who was accused of molesting young boys, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Prosecutors said an investigation "revealed insufficient evidence to pursue criminal charges" against Bernie Fine, the (Albany, N.Y.) Times Union reported Friday.
Fine was fired Nov. 27, 2011, after three men accused him of molesting them when they were young,
The Syracuse (N.Y.) Post-Standard reported the 66-year-old Fine, who served under Coach Jim Boeheim, has maintained his innocence in the case.
The investigation involved more than 100,000 pages of seized documents and interviews with 130 witnesses, the attorney's office said.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery