Ernesto M. Hernandez, president and managing director of General Motors de Mexico, will be the keynote speaker at the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's 23rd annual Fiesta Hispana Gala at The Henry in Dearborn on Dec. 7, the chamber announced.
Appointed in 2011, Mr. Hernandez is the executive responsible for managing General Motors business operations in Mexico, where GM provides direct employment to 14,000 people in the states of Mexico, Guanajuato, Coahuila and San Luis Potosi, as well as Mexico City. Mr. Hernandez is the first native-born Mexican to hold the position.
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Hernandez was vice president of General Motors de Mexico and executive director of sales, service and marketing, in charge of operations in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. He held the vice presidency since 2003, successfully leading the commercial operations of General Motors for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac while maintaining a close relationship with dealers in those countries.
The Fiesta Hispana Gala celebrates the success of Michigan's Hispanic-owned businesses and attracts up to 600 business and civic and community leaders.
The Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit business association promoting the growth of Hispanic-owned businesses and the economic vitality of the Hispanic community. The MHCC represents the interests of 11,000 Hispanic-owned businesses in Michigan.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women