CeeLo Green's publicist issued a statement Friday denying the U.S. recording artist and television personality sexually abused a woman as she claims.
"Given that the matter is under investigation, we obviously cannot speak as freely as we'd like. What we can say is that these allegations are despicable, untrue, and deeply hurtful to CeeLo, his children and his family," Green's representative said in a statement. "We are confident that when all the facts come out, it will be clear that if anyone was victimized here, it was CeeLo. In the meantime, CeeLo is deeply grateful for the overwhelming support he has received from his fans, his friends, and his colleagues."
TMZ said last month a woman recently filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department accusing "The Voice" judge of sexual assault.
The celebrity news website said the alleged victim told investigators Green put ecstasy in her drink without her knowledge and she woke up the next morning naked in his bed.
Green, who is famous for his song "Forget You," is to star in a holiday special with The Muppets this month.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women