Where Facebook once ruled the social-media realm, other outlets such as Twitter are now starting not only to connect friends but serve as information supercenters.
Where would be, after all, without our Twitter hashtags? Want to know what people are saying about a certain topic? Just search the hashtag. Most recently, #Sandy, #superstorm and #ivoted were the big ones.
This is all well and good, but there's another (less serious) way to use the hashtag. Want to add a bit of searchable wit or snark to your 140-character-or-less musing? Go for it, just like some of these local accounts did.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women