Where Facebook once ruled the social-media realm, other outlets such as Twitter are now starting not only to connect friends but serve as information supercenters.
Where would be, after all, without our Twitter hashtags? Want to know what people are saying about a certain topic? Just search the hashtag. Most recently, #Sandy, #superstorm and #ivoted were the big ones.
This is all well and good, but there's another (less serious) way to use the hashtag. Want to add a bit of searchable wit or snark to your 140-character-or-less musing? Go for it, just like some of these local accounts did.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West