Where Facebook once ruled the social-media realm, other outlets such as Twitter are now starting not only to connect friends but serve as information supercenters.
Where would be, after all, without our Twitter hashtags? Want to know what people are saying about a certain topic? Just search the hashtag. Most recently, #Sandy, #superstorm and #ivoted were the big ones.
This is all well and good, but there's another (less serious) way to use the hashtag. Want to add a bit of searchable wit or snark to your 140-character-or-less musing? Go for it, just like some of these local accounts did.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects