Where Facebook once ruled the social-media realm, other outlets such as Twitter are now starting not only to connect friends but serve as information supercenters.
Where would be, after all, without our Twitter hashtags? Want to know what people are saying about a certain topic? Just search the hashtag. Most recently, #Sandy, #superstorm and #ivoted were the big ones.
This is all well and good, but there's another (less serious) way to use the hashtag. Want to add a bit of searchable wit or snark to your 140-character-or-less musing? Go for it, just like some of these local accounts did.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Rand Paul Tells Rivals to Peddle Their Own Ideas
- Boeing Shares Fall on New Dreamliner Delay
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Ukraine Says Russia Can't Have Crimea
- Gazprom Warns Ukraine to Pay Its Gas Bill
- FBI Investigating For-Profit Prison Company
- Alan Mulally Gets Big Payday From Ford