MIAMI, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Global Entrepreneurship Week is nationally celebrated November 12-16 this year. St. Thomas University's School of Business (http://www.stu.edu/business ) has steadily gained a reputation for developing leaders in the business arena for 50 years and continues to support this international initiative that introduces entrepreneurship to youth on six continents.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100709/STULOGO )
"Entrepreneurship permeates our School of Business," said Dean J. Antonio "Tony" Villamil. "We know that entrepreneurs are made, not born, and we take every opportunity to make successful entrepreneurs part of our students' education. Our Catholic rooted University aims at developing ethical and compassionate sills and initiatives in our students, realizing they can transform civil society in various regions. This year - and following STU's missions in Haiti for decades such as Haiti Tech - we are hosting Haiti's Prime Minister Laurent Lamoth, a St. Thomas University alumnus, Friday, November 16. South Florida youth will have the opportunity to listen to an international figure, learn about businesses' social responsibility and unleash the calling to help our economically disadvantaged neighbors in the Caribbean Basin." The week's program schedule now follows.
MONDAY, November 12, 4:00-6:00 p.m. GEW Opening Ceremony: "Bringing Ideas to Life" Moderator: Associate Dean Jim Bussey Entrepreneur Panel: Felicia Hatcher/Derick Pearson (Feverish Icecream), Christopher Mason (College Lyfe), Paul Zacharski (ByoPlanet)
TUESDAY, November 13, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Empowerment Boot Camp: "What Do You Need to Succeed?" Moderator: Professor Paul Maxwell Presenters: Alix Desulme, Isaac Robles, Astrid Kowlessar
WEDNESDAY, November 14, 3:00-7:00 p.m. Student Entrepreneur Competition Moderator: Professor Justin Peart Judges: Ben Chen, Rose-Morella Francisca, Mark Grossman, Gary Pyott, Neal Waugh
THURSDAY, November 15, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Women in Entrepreneurship Seminar: "View from the Top" Moderator: Professor Lisa Knowles Presenters: Jody Johnson, Ann Machado, Carol Ellis-Cutler
FRIDAY, November 16, 10:00-11:30 a.m. "Unleashing Entrepreneurship in Haiti" Special Guest: St. Thomas University alumnus, Hon. Laurent Lamothe, Prime Minister of Haiti Moderator: Professor Anthony Vinciguerra
Prime Minister's keynote address, 2:00-3:30 p.m. � Moderator: Dean Tony Villamil.
Student Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony to follow.
The University is inviting media, public officials and the South Florida community to join and share views. For additional information on St. Thomas University Schools and academic programs, kindly contact Chief Marketing/Communications Officer Marivi Prado at 305.474.6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE St. Thomas University
Most Popular Stories
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox