The New Mexico Celebration of Women in Computing will be Thursday and Friday beginning at 9 a.m. in Las Cruces at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
Speakers from Google, Microsoft, the Anita Borg Institute, Intel, the University of Texas at El Paso and the National Center for Women in Technology are among those scheduled to participate.
The conference is a part of the Grace Hopper Regional Consortium, and is sponsored by Microsoft, ABI, the National Girls Collaborative Project and the NMSU Department of Computer Science.
The event will include tech talks; research; social, ethical and cultural issues for women in computing; and K-12 C-STEM Initiatives.
The registration fee is $25, and includes lunch on both days, as well as dinner on Thursday. Information, registration: nmcwic.org or call NMSU Computer Science at 646-4451.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits