Ramon Concepcion, 80, of Roanoke, formerly of Hato Rey, Puerto
Rico, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012. Ray was a renowned
Latin jazz composer, arranger and pianist.
He played with musician greats such as Tito Puente. Mr. Concepcion also recorded the Dancemania album, which was inducted into the National Recording Registry in the Library of Congress.
Surviving are his sons, David Sandoval and wife, Dawn; Raymond Concepcion; daughter, Auraliz Quintana. Ramon is also survived by six grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
The family will receive friends from 6to 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 6, 2012, at Fellowship Community Church, 1226 Red Lane, Salem, Va. Arrangements by Simpson Funeral Home & Crematory, 366-0707.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery