"Addicted to Fame," a documentary about the making of the late Anna Nicole Smith's movie "Illegal Aliens," is set for release in the United States.
Co-starring John James, Chyna and Gladys Jimenez, the film will be available on iTunes Nov. 27. It will open in select theaters and can be seen via Video On Demand Nov. 30.
Producers of the documentary describe it as "the outrageous, couldn't-make-it-up, rare glimpse into the making of the B-movie 'Illegal Aliens.'"
"Director David Giancola embarks on the project with the intention of making a 'movie that mocks B-movies,' but finds himself mired in an uncontrollable drama brought on by eccentric personalities, tragedy and the madness that is the movie business," a news release said. "'Illegal Aliens' bombed at the box office but the story was the second most-reported of 2007, only after coverage of the Iraq War. With 'Addicted to Fame', Giancola grants the public the first-ever look behind-the-scenes on the set of Anna Nicole Smith's last movie, dubbed by some critics to be 'the worst movie ever made,' starring the most controversial and tragic figure of the 1990s."
Smith, a model and celebrity spokeswoman, died of an accidental drug overdose in 2007. She was 39.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA