DENVER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- EDUCAUSE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
•The University of Akron, a culturally diverse university with more than 28,000 students, located in Akron, Ohio, has implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management hosted on education-and-research%2fcloud-education-research-sb-1852134.pdf">Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research. •The University of Akron has a robust technology infrastructure; however, with a multitude of projects in progress, the university had limited resources available to implement and maintain a traditional business intelligence environment in its data center. The university also sought to achieve operational cost efficiencies and shorten the implementation cycle by hosting the environment in the cloud. •Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition provides the university with a set of reporting and ad-hoc query and analysis capabilities that The University of Akron staff can access and personalize using Oracle's pre-built dashboards. •The University of Akron also deployed PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management solutions including Financial Analytics, Human Capital Management Warehouse and Supply Chain Analytics, which provides strategic planning and goal setting capabilities and an end-to-end reporting process, including processes that meet National Science Foundation (NSF) research reporting requirements. •The University of Akron will leverage Oracle's business intelligence and enterprise planning solutions as it implements its Vision 2020 -- a strategic plan designed to grow enrollment, improve the learning experience and increase funding for student programs, faculty, research, campus and community. •Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management add to the university's Oracle footprint, which also includes PeopleSoft Enterprise Student Financials, a component of Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management. •The University of Akron worked with Oracle Consulting to implement its cloud environment via standard software and practices in nine months -- having launched the initial environment in July 2012. The complete implementation process will happen in three phases. The University of Akron is currently in phase two, where it will increase user counts from 30 to 125 and complete the NSF reporting functionality.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes