DUNDALK, IRELAND -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- The opening week of the latest James Bond flick Skyfall has seen an increase in online casino play. It seems that some people, who did not have an Aston Martin at their disposal, emulated their hero by playing in an online casino after they watched the movie.
The suave special agent is known for his lavish lifestyle and frequent trips to exotic casinos throughout the globe. The massive hype surrounding a new Bond release may have had knock on benefits for industries that the super spy is associated with.
Anthony Conroy, Casino and Games Manager at Boylecasino.com said, "Although we have no scientific evidence that a new James Bond movie causes a spike in casino play, anecdotally we did see an uplift during the opening week of Skyfall."
An important scene in the latest Bond movie is set in a Macau casino. This may have copper-fastened the connection between Bond and casinos in the minds of viewers. As a result, they decided to either reactivate an existing online casino account, or start playing online for the first time.
A typical bond fan is likely to play in casinos; many of them hold online accounts and enjoy the atmosphere of recreational play.
Like bar staff observing an increase in orders for Vodka Martinis "shaken not stirred" and Aston Martin dealerships seeing an increase in footfall, online casinos could well have experienced the Bond effect during the opening week of Skyfall.
Boylecasino.com has been in operation since 2006. It features over 250 top table and slot games and is the online casino division of Boylesports the largest independent bookmaker in Ireland. The company does not accept players from the U.S.
Gaming SEM Manager
00 353 42 939 3251
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women