Is it possible for Nicki Minaj to be any looser than she is already?
Apparently, yes. Because the singer, known for her colorful, outrageous stage presence, says we'll see her "loosen up" in three new E! reality specials, Nicki Minaj: My Truth, starting Sunday at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Cameras have been following her for the past two months from New York to Miami (where she has been in the studio), to Baton Rouge for an American Idol photo shoot to Los Angeles. We'll also get a backstage peek at concerts this week in London.
"I guess what will most surprise a lot of people who may not be die-hard fans who haven't known me for a long time is the honesty," Minaj says in a call from London. "I'm not trying to have a faade. I'm showing exactly what goes on in my life."
Minaj, 29, who has been vaguely linked to Drake and British boy bander Oritse Williams, plays coy when asked if her love life is revealed. "You'll just have to wait and see."
As for that now-famous October feud that erupted with Mariah Carey during filming of American Idol, she won't talk about it. And when the name Mariah comes up, her rep cuts in: "Next question, please."
In the preview for the show, however, she says, "Ain't nobody gonna run me off that (expletive) show."
Minaj will say only, "I want my friends to know that they will see the making of my new album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded -- The Re-Up, and all that has gone into that."
And will Minaj, who was thought to have rapped pro-Romney lyrics in a song only to reverse and tweet pro-Obama sentiments, be in the USA for Election Day? "I will not," she says.
But does she support the president? "I'd rather not say. I want my fans to just research people and policy and not research their skin color and think of this election in a broader way. I am not a fan of ridiculing people for who they're voting. I'm a fan of being open-minded and everyone voting for whoever they want."
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column