Gas prices are expected to continue dropping into the holiday season, according to AAA's weekly Fuel Price Brief.
Average price for a gallon of regular gasoline
Week ago: $3.543
Month ago: $3.806
Year ago: $3.415
Week ago: $3.508
Month ago: $3.679
Year ago: $3.394
The devastation from Hurricane Sandy is contributing to the price decline, according to the auto club, because is has caused a drop in demand in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions.
"U.S. oil supplies are expected to increase again this week as fewer people travel to and from work and many areas are without power," according to AAA's weekly Fuel Price Brief.
"As the U.S. handles the aftermath of Sandy, European leaders still struggle with the debt crisis that recently bolstered the value of the dollar, which helped push oil prices lower."
The nationwide average price of regular unleaded gasoline dropped by 7 cents in week to $3.47 on Monday, according to AAA. In Florida, the average price dropped more than 8 cents to $3.421.
In Ocala, prices were in the $3.20-$3.25 range at some stores, according to Gasbuddy.com, which relies on reports from volunteers.
The average price per gallon in Gainesville was $3.563 on Monday, according to AAA. Gasbuddy reported prices as low as $3.32.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date