NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On Monday, November 5th, Voto Latino will host the "#iVoteBecause" Twitter party to engage and mobilize online audiences and young voters to make their voices heard on Election Day.
Driven by dozens of high-visibility partners and celebrity activists, the #iVoteBecause Twitter party is a national event with a clear call to action: tell your community why you're voting on November 6th, and use the power of social media to reach your networks with this powerful message.
Joining Voto Latino in the #iVoteBecause Twitter party are Project Vote, NAACP, The Advancement Project, Rock the Vote, APALA, Non-Profit Vote, Bus Federation, Ya Es Hora, Our Vote, Mi Familia Vota, Fox News Latino, NALEO, The News Taco, Latino Rebels, Planned Parenthood, Latina Style, Politics365, Serve 60, Fight for the Future and other civic engagement and community groups.
Along with the partner organizations, there will also be a coalition of celebrity activists in attendance including Rosario Dawson, America Ferrera, Wilmer Valderrama, Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas, Gina Rodriguez, Carlos Santos and Erik Rivera.
The Twitter party will begin at 7:30pm EST and will provide a forum to answer any questions and provide resources about voting on Election Day. Other topics that will be covered include how to vote from overseas, how to report voter suppression, what it means to vote a provisional ballot, what IDs to bring to the polls and many other topics.
Supporters are asked to make their own "#iVoteBecause" button and share it on social media using the button maker at www.VotoLatino.org/iVote.
Participants have already begun submitting questions using the #iVoteBecause hashtag which will be answered along with other questions on Monday night.
For more information on Voto Latino and their local efforts please contact Ashley Greenwood at (212) 334.1212. Voto Latino
Web site: http://www.votolatino.org/iVote/
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information