I have to say, Bond looks pretty good, for being on the screen 50 years. Yes, it was 50 years ago that "Dr. No," the first Bond film, hit theaters. In its 23rd feature, "Skyfall," the series has changed a bit, but always preserves the classic Bond flavor. Daniel Craig returns as James Bond, and Judi Dench returns for her final performance of M. You can be certain they'll be car chases, gadgets and martinis -- shaken not stirred. Javier Bardem plays the villain this time, something you can be sure he'll excel at. After all, Bardem won an Academy Award for his villainous turn in 2007's "No Country for Old Men."
Aerosmith Releases Album of New Songs
Aerosmith releases an album of new songs on Tuesday. "Music From Another Dimension!" is the group's first all-new material album since 2001's "Just Push Play." The album has been years in the making, suffering from setbacks due to injuries and disputes between band members. Steven Tyler and country singer Carrie Underwood share a duet, adding a country dimension to Aerosmith's sound.
Book 'Flight Behavior' Out Tuesday
In "Flight Behavior" (Harper Collins, $28.99) author Barbara Kingsolver explores the relationship between belief and reason. Set in Appalachia, an event occurs to bring the country's eyes upon the small town and the protagonist sheep farmer. Different perspectives and principles clash as the issue is explored from all sides. Kingsolver attempts to tackle the question of global climate change through the lens of fiction and storytelling.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column