Married country music stars Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert were the big winners at the 46th annual CMA Awards show in Nashville.
Shelton was named Entertainer and Male Vocalist of the Year Thursday night and his wife won the award for Female Vocalist of the Year. The couple also won the prize for Song of the Year for "Over You."
This is the third consecutive year Shelton and Lambert have won Male and Female Vocalist of the Year.
Eric Church took home the prize for Album of the Year for "Chief" and Little Big Town won for Vocal Group and Single of the Year for "Pontoon." As producer of both "Chief" and "Pontoon," Jay Joyce was also recognized for Album and Single of the Year.
Hunter Hayes was declared New Artist of the Year and Thompson Square Vocal Duo of the Year.
Mac McAnally earned his fifth Musician of the Year victory.
Two CMA Awards were presented live on ABC's "Good Morning America" from New York's Times Square earlier Thursday. Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw won Musical Event of the Year for "Feel Like a Rock Star." CMA Music Video of the Year honors went to Toby Keith and director Michael Salomon for "Red Solo Cup."
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood served as hosts of the CMA Awards show at the Bridgestone Arena. This was the fifth year they presided over the ceremony.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction