Area residents are invited to use cell phone technology and social media to help make a difference this holiday season during Community Financial Credit Union's "Warming Hearts & Homes" program.
Community Financial announced the program today, which will contribute $30,000 to local nonprofit organizations that help people in need stay warm through the winter.
The program, running from Dec. 3 through Dec. 21, encourages people to:
-- Like Community Financial on Facebook at www.LikeCFCU.org
-- Tweet Community Financial using "#CFCUWarms" or
-- Text "CFCUwarms" to 70 000 on their cell phone.
Each week, Community Financial will donate $25 for every Like, Tweet or Text, to The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW), local food pantries or the Salvation Army's Coats For Kids Program, up to $10,000 each.
"Engaging our members and area residents through these digital platforms allows them to participate with us in a new way to help make the holiday season brighter for those in need," said Bill Lawton, Community Financial president/CEO. "We are committed to supporting our communities and hope residents in the area help us and join in."
For more information on Warming Hearts & Homes and other Community Financial information, visit www.cfcu.org.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga