Area residents are invited to use cell phone technology and social media to help make a difference this holiday season during Community Financial Credit Union's "Warming Hearts & Homes" program.
Community Financial announced the program today, which will contribute $30,000 to local nonprofit organizations that help people in need stay warm through the winter.
The program, running from Dec. 3 through Dec. 21, encourages people to:
-- Like Community Financial on Facebook at www.LikeCFCU.org
-- Tweet Community Financial using "#CFCUWarms" or
-- Text "CFCUwarms" to 70 000 on their cell phone.
Each week, Community Financial will donate $25 for every Like, Tweet or Text, to The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW), local food pantries or the Salvation Army's Coats For Kids Program, up to $10,000 each.
"Engaging our members and area residents through these digital platforms allows them to participate with us in a new way to help make the holiday season brighter for those in need," said Bill Lawton, Community Financial president/CEO. "We are committed to supporting our communities and hope residents in the area help us and join in."
For more information on Warming Hearts & Homes and other Community Financial information, visit www.cfcu.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party