Area residents are invited to use cell phone technology and social media to help make a difference this holiday season during Community Financial Credit Union's "Warming Hearts & Homes" program.
Community Financial announced the program today, which will contribute $30,000 to local nonprofit organizations that help people in need stay warm through the winter.
The program, running from Dec. 3 through Dec. 21, encourages people to:
-- Like Community Financial on Facebook at www.LikeCFCU.org
-- Tweet Community Financial using "#CFCUWarms" or
-- Text "CFCUwarms" to 70 000 on their cell phone.
Each week, Community Financial will donate $25 for every Like, Tweet or Text, to The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW), local food pantries or the Salvation Army's Coats For Kids Program, up to $10,000 each.
"Engaging our members and area residents through these digital platforms allows them to participate with us in a new way to help make the holiday season brighter for those in need," said Bill Lawton, Community Financial president/CEO. "We are committed to supporting our communities and hope residents in the area help us and join in."
For more information on Warming Hearts & Homes and other Community Financial information, visit www.cfcu.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence