Joe Jackson, father of U.S. pop stars Michael and Janet, suffered a mild stroke -- his third in five years, family sources told CNN.
The 83-year-old Jackson family patriarch" is in very good spirits" as he recovers at an undisclosed Las Vegas hospital, an insider said.
CNN said despite his age, Jackson, who also created the Jackson 5, remains active in developing and promoting several businesses and products.
He lives in Las Vegas, while Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years, lives in Calabasas, Calif., with Michael's three children.
Michael died in 2009 at the age of 50.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama