Joe Jackson, father of U.S. pop stars Michael and Janet, suffered a mild stroke -- his third in five years, family sources told CNN.
The 83-year-old Jackson family patriarch" is in very good spirits" as he recovers at an undisclosed Las Vegas hospital, an insider said.
CNN said despite his age, Jackson, who also created the Jackson 5, remains active in developing and promoting several businesses and products.
He lives in Las Vegas, while Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years, lives in Calabasas, Calif., with Michael's three children.
Michael died in 2009 at the age of 50.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief