Joe Jackson, father of U.S. pop stars Michael and Janet, suffered a mild stroke -- his third in five years, family sources told CNN.
The 83-year-old Jackson family patriarch" is in very good spirits" as he recovers at an undisclosed Las Vegas hospital, an insider said.
CNN said despite his age, Jackson, who also created the Jackson 5, remains active in developing and promoting several businesses and products.
He lives in Las Vegas, while Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years, lives in Calabasas, Calif., with Michael's three children.
Michael died in 2009 at the age of 50.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women