Joe Jackson, father of U.S. pop stars Michael and Janet, suffered a mild stroke -- his third in five years, family sources told CNN.
The 83-year-old Jackson family patriarch" is in very good spirits" as he recovers at an undisclosed Las Vegas hospital, an insider said.
CNN said despite his age, Jackson, who also created the Jackson 5, remains active in developing and promoting several businesses and products.
He lives in Las Vegas, while Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years, lives in Calabasas, Calif., with Michael's three children.
Michael died in 2009 at the age of 50.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones