Joe Jackson, father of U.S. pop stars Michael and Janet, suffered a mild stroke -- his third in five years, family sources told CNN.
The 83-year-old Jackson family patriarch" is in very good spirits" as he recovers at an undisclosed Las Vegas hospital, an insider said.
CNN said despite his age, Jackson, who also created the Jackson 5, remains active in developing and promoting several businesses and products.
He lives in Las Vegas, while Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years, lives in Calabasas, Calif., with Michael's three children.
Michael died in 2009 at the age of 50.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department