Ever wonder what city is the most popular on social media?
Well there is an answer adn it's the city of Paris.
Paris city officials printed a large thank you in front of City Hall after learning the city had more "likes" on Facebook than any other municipality.
The "Merci" message was printed with a Facebook-style thumbs-up outside Paris City Hall this week after the city's official page surpassed 2 million "likes," the first time a city has reached the milestone, Radio France Internationale reported Thursday. According to Paris' City website, the Paris page gets 25,000 new fans per week on average. Paris is also on Twitter (@paris) with 40,900 followers.
Officials said only about 335,000 of the Facebook fans are from France.
In the U.S., New York and Los Angeles has its share of likes, as well. While the City of New York's Facebook Pagehas more than 40,000 "likes," an "I Love New York" Facebook page has more than 1.1 million "likes."
Los Angeles' discoverLA.com's Facebook page has more than 1 million "likes."
Heading south, Mexico City's Facebook page has about 15,000 "likes."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say