Ever wonder what city is the most popular on social media?
Well there is an answer adn it's the city of Paris.
Paris city officials printed a large thank you in front of City Hall after learning the city had more "likes" on Facebook than any other municipality.
The "Merci" message was printed with a Facebook-style thumbs-up outside Paris City Hall this week after the city's official page surpassed 2 million "likes," the first time a city has reached the milestone, Radio France Internationale reported Thursday. According to Paris' City website, the Paris page gets 25,000 new fans per week on average. Paris is also on Twitter (@paris) with 40,900 followers.
Officials said only about 335,000 of the Facebook fans are from France.
In the U.S., New York and Los Angeles has its share of likes, as well. While the City of New York's Facebook Pagehas more than 40,000 "likes," an "I Love New York" Facebook page has more than 1.1 million "likes."
Los Angeles' discoverLA.com's Facebook page has more than 1 million "likes."
Heading south, Mexico City's Facebook page has about 15,000 "likes."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing