Ever wonder what city is the most popular on social media?
Well there is an answer adn it's the city of Paris.
Paris city officials printed a large thank you in front of City Hall after learning the city had more "likes" on Facebook than any other municipality.
The "Merci" message was printed with a Facebook-style thumbs-up outside Paris City Hall this week after the city's official page surpassed 2 million "likes," the first time a city has reached the milestone, Radio France Internationale reported Thursday. According to Paris' City website, the Paris page gets 25,000 new fans per week on average. Paris is also on Twitter (@paris) with 40,900 followers.
Officials said only about 335,000 of the Facebook fans are from France.
In the U.S., New York and Los Angeles has its share of likes, as well. While the City of New York's Facebook Pagehas more than 40,000 "likes," an "I Love New York" Facebook page has more than 1.1 million "likes."
Los Angeles' discoverLA.com's Facebook page has more than 1 million "likes."
Heading south, Mexico City's Facebook page has about 15,000 "likes."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women