Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. is trying again to secure a solid foothold in the
Arizona marketplace by opening its second shop in Mesa on Tuesday.
The shop would give the company three in the state. Hot Glazed Enchantment is the franchisee operating the Mesa stores.
The company has struggled to maintain a presence in Arizona, pulling out in 2006 after the parent company of a franchisee filed for bankruptcy.
Krispy Kreme attracted another franchisee in 2008, which opened up to 11 shops overall in Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria and Tucson.
However, all but the Mesa shop was closed by the franchisee in 2011 after its operator decided to exit the doughnut business.
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day