Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. is trying again to secure a solid foothold in the
Arizona marketplace by opening its second shop in Mesa on Tuesday.
The shop would give the company three in the state. Hot Glazed Enchantment is the franchisee operating the Mesa stores.
The company has struggled to maintain a presence in Arizona, pulling out in 2006 after the parent company of a franchisee filed for bankruptcy.
Krispy Kreme attracted another franchisee in 2008, which opened up to 11 shops overall in Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria and Tucson.
However, all but the Mesa shop was closed by the franchisee in 2011 after its operator decided to exit the doughnut business.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards