Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. is trying again to secure a solid foothold in the
Arizona marketplace by opening its second shop in Mesa on Tuesday.
The shop would give the company three in the state. Hot Glazed Enchantment is the franchisee operating the Mesa stores.
The company has struggled to maintain a presence in Arizona, pulling out in 2006 after the parent company of a franchisee filed for bankruptcy.
Krispy Kreme attracted another franchisee in 2008, which opened up to 11 shops overall in Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria and Tucson.
However, all but the Mesa shop was closed by the franchisee in 2011 after its operator decided to exit the doughnut business.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security