Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. is trying again to secure a solid foothold in the
Arizona marketplace by opening its second shop in Mesa on Tuesday.
The shop would give the company three in the state. Hot Glazed Enchantment is the franchisee operating the Mesa stores.
The company has struggled to maintain a presence in Arizona, pulling out in 2006 after the parent company of a franchisee filed for bankruptcy.
Krispy Kreme attracted another franchisee in 2008, which opened up to 11 shops overall in Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria and Tucson.
However, all but the Mesa shop was closed by the franchisee in 2011 after its operator decided to exit the doughnut business.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006