NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- Digital First Media, which operates MediaNews Group, Journal Register Company and Digital First Ventures, today announced Journal Register Company has signed a "stalking horse" purchase agreement with 21st CMH Acquisition Co., an affiliate of funds managed by Alden Global Capital LLC.
"This agreement allows the formal commencement of the sale process and is a big step toward creating a new and viable company," said John Paton, Chief Executive Officer of Digital First Media.
The asset purchase agreement was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which will review the contract as well as bid procedures. The Court will then initiate the sales process, including a public auction.
About Digital First Media
Digital First Media (www.DigitalFirstMedia.com) is headquartered in New York City, and jointly manages MediaNews Group and Journal Register Company. Digital First Media reaches 61.5 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
About MediaNews Group, Inc.
MediaNews Group, Inc. (www.medianewsgroup.com) is the nation's second largest newspaper company as measured by circulation, with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. MediaNews Group and its affiliated companies publish 57 daily newspapers and more than 100 non-daily publications in 11 states.
About Journal Register Company
Journal Register Company is a leader in local news and information in 10 states. The Company's more than 350 multi-platform products reach an audience of 21 million people each month. For more information visit the company website at www.JournalRegister.com.
About Digital First Ventures
Digital First Ventures (DFV) is focused on helping media entrepreneurs incubate, accelerate and validate their start-up companies in the news, content, sales and audience development space. As a division of Digital First Media -- which operates more than 800 media products serving 61.5 million customers each month and annual revenues of more than $1.4 billion -- DFV is ideally suited to accelerate value creation for media start-ups.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information contact:
Vice President Media Relations & Employee Communications
Digital First Media
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]