Hostess Brands Inc. has attracted serious interest from more than 80 potential bidders, Gregory Rayburn, the company's chief executive officer, said Wednesday.
He said Hostess plans to sell its iconic brands, which include Twinkies and Wonder Bread, and property through a procedure that allows assets to be sold free of liabilities. He said he could not talk about a time frame for announcing bidders or completing a sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken