Hostess Brands Inc. has attracted serious interest from more than 80 potential bidders, Gregory Rayburn, the company's chief executive officer, said Wednesday.
He said Hostess plans to sell its iconic brands, which include Twinkies and Wonder Bread, and property through a procedure that allows assets to be sold free of liabilities. He said he could not talk about a time frame for announcing bidders or completing a sale.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.