Google has launched Get Your Business Online con Google, a program targeting Hispanic-owned businesses that don't have a presence on the Web. The company also teamed up with Intuit to provide its popular Intuit Website offerings for free, including an easy-to-build website and web hosting for one year. The program is part of a statewide initiative aimed at helping the 58 percent of Hispanic-owned Florida small businesses that aren't online, Google said.
On Monday, Google will hold three free hands-on workshops held in Spanish to teach business owners how to create and maintain their websites. They are at 9-11:30 a.m, 12:30- 3 p.m. and 4-6:30 p.m. at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus, Chapman Conference Center, 300 NE 2nd Ave., Building 3, Second Floor. More information: www.gybo.com/espanol
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists