Google has launched Get Your Business Online con Google, a program targeting Hispanic-owned businesses that don't have a presence on the Web. The company also teamed up with Intuit to provide its popular Intuit Website offerings for free, including an easy-to-build website and web hosting for one year. The program is part of a statewide initiative aimed at helping the 58 percent of Hispanic-owned Florida small businesses that aren't online, Google said.
On Monday, Google will hold three free hands-on workshops held in Spanish to teach business owners how to create and maintain their websites. They are at 9-11:30 a.m, 12:30- 3 p.m. and 4-6:30 p.m. at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus, Chapman Conference Center, 300 NE 2nd Ave., Building 3, Second Floor. More information: www.gybo.com/espanol
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information