French actor Gerard Depardieu was briefly detained by police for allegedly driving drunk on his motorcycle, according to a news report.
Sipa news agency quoted police as saying the 63-year-old actor was brought in Thursday afternoon by Paris police after falling off his motorcycle.
The burly actor, who has appeared in more than 150 films, allegedly failed a sobriety test and was taken to a police station, Sipa said. Police then escorted him home, but he'll have to appear in court, the news agency reported.
It was one of several encounters with the law for Depardieu. He grabbed headlines when he urinated in the aisle of a plane before takeoff on a Paris to Dublin flight. He was removed from the aircraft.
Depardieu was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in 1990 film "Cyrano de Bergerac."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law