A 63-year-old Guatemalan man may have to pay $146,000 for joking about having explosives in his bag at Miami International Airport, officials said.
Alejandro Leon Hurtado appeared in court Wednesday for a bond hearing, The Miami Herald reported. He is accused of jokingly telling a TACA airline attendant that he was carrying explosives in his bag.
The state is asking for $146,000 in restitution for delays the incident caused in Concourse J at Miami International Airport.
Judge Lisa Walsh set Hurtado's bond at $7,500, but the defendant will remain in custody due to an immigration hold placed by federal officials.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe