A 63-year-old Guatemalan man may have to pay $146,000 for joking about having explosives in his bag at Miami International Airport, officials said.
Alejandro Leon Hurtado appeared in court Wednesday for a bond hearing, The Miami Herald reported. He is accused of jokingly telling a TACA airline attendant that he was carrying explosives in his bag.
The state is asking for $146,000 in restitution for delays the incident caused in Concourse J at Miami International Airport.
Judge Lisa Walsh set Hurtado's bond at $7,500, but the defendant will remain in custody due to an immigration hold placed by federal officials.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'