A 63-year-old Guatemalan man may have to pay $146,000 for joking about having explosives in his bag at Miami International Airport, officials said.
Alejandro Leon Hurtado appeared in court Wednesday for a bond hearing, The Miami Herald reported. He is accused of jokingly telling a TACA airline attendant that he was carrying explosives in his bag.
The state is asking for $146,000 in restitution for delays the incident caused in Concourse J at Miami International Airport.
Judge Lisa Walsh set Hurtado's bond at $7,500, but the defendant will remain in custody due to an immigration hold placed by federal officials.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects