Attention Powerball ticketholders who took a chance on a $587 million dream: Winning tickets were sold in Arizona and Missouri, officials said.
The winning numbers for a share of the jackpot were 5-16-22-23-29 and the Powerball was 6.
"There were two jackpot winners (one in Arizona and one in Missouri)," the crawl across the Powerball website read.
The $587.5 million pot in Wednesday's drawing is the largest in Powerball history, CNN said. The prize for the lottery, conducted in 42 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia, grew to historic proportions after 16 drawings of the jackpot rolling over because of no winners.
The U.S. record payout is $656 million, set in March by a Mega Millions jackpot that was split among three winners.
The Powerball lottery is one of several run by Multi-State Lottery Association in Urbandale, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free