Attention Powerball ticketholders who took a chance on a $587 million dream: Winning tickets were sold in Arizona and Missouri, officials said.
The winning numbers for a share of the jackpot were 5-16-22-23-29 and the Powerball was 6.
"There were two jackpot winners (one in Arizona and one in Missouri)," the crawl across the Powerball website read.
The $587.5 million pot in Wednesday's drawing is the largest in Powerball history, CNN said. The prize for the lottery, conducted in 42 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia, grew to historic proportions after 16 drawings of the jackpot rolling over because of no winners.
The U.S. record payout is $656 million, set in March by a Mega Millions jackpot that was split among three winners.
The Powerball lottery is one of several run by Multi-State Lottery Association in Urbandale, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study