Attention Powerball ticketholders who took a chance on a $587 million dream: Winning tickets were sold in Arizona and Missouri, officials said.
The winning numbers for a share of the jackpot were 5-16-22-23-29 and the Powerball was 6.
"There were two jackpot winners (one in Arizona and one in Missouri)," the crawl across the Powerball website read.
The $587.5 million pot in Wednesday's drawing is the largest in Powerball history, CNN said. The prize for the lottery, conducted in 42 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia, grew to historic proportions after 16 drawings of the jackpot rolling over because of no winners.
The U.S. record payout is $656 million, set in March by a Mega Millions jackpot that was split among three winners.
The Powerball lottery is one of several run by Multi-State Lottery Association in Urbandale, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Ohio Valley Bank Joins Federal Reserve System