Former NBCUniversal boss Jeff Zucker is in talks to succeed outgoing CNN President and Chief Executive Jim Walton, the Los Angeles Times said Tuesday.
Walton said in July he was stepping down from the post.
The Times said a deal with Zucker -- although not definite -- could be announced this week or early next week.
The former "Today" and current "Katie" producer left NBCUniversal nearly two years ago.
He couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday regarding a possible pact with CNN and his attorney did not return phone calls, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall