Former NBCUniversal boss Jeff Zucker is in talks to succeed outgoing CNN President and Chief Executive Jim Walton, the Los Angeles Times said Tuesday.
Walton said in July he was stepping down from the post.
The Times said a deal with Zucker -- although not definite -- could be announced this week or early next week.
The former "Today" and current "Katie" producer left NBCUniversal nearly two years ago.
He couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday regarding a possible pact with CNN and his attorney did not return phone calls, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline