Former NBCUniversal boss Jeff Zucker is in talks to succeed outgoing CNN President and Chief Executive Jim Walton, the Los Angeles Times said Tuesday.
Walton said in July he was stepping down from the post.
The Times said a deal with Zucker -- although not definite -- could be announced this week or early next week.
The former "Today" and current "Katie" producer left NBCUniversal nearly two years ago.
He couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday regarding a possible pact with CNN and his attorney did not return phone calls, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable