Former NBCUniversal boss Jeff Zucker is in talks to succeed outgoing CNN President and Chief Executive Jim Walton, the Los Angeles Times said Tuesday.
Walton said in July he was stepping down from the post.
The Times said a deal with Zucker -- although not definite -- could be announced this week or early next week.
The former "Today" and current "Katie" producer left NBCUniversal nearly two years ago.
He couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday regarding a possible pact with CNN and his attorney did not return phone calls, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply