Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned to Havana for medical treatment, Cuban media reported Wednesday.
Unclear was whether Chavez suffered a relapse of the cancer for which he had been treated in Cuba or if the trip was for a medical check-up, CNN reported.
Venezuelans returned Chavez to office in October after he was treated for cancer months earlier.
He underwent cancer treatment in Cuba between 2011 and May, raising questions about his political future and a possible successor. However, he declared himself rid of cancer in July and proceeded with his campaign.
The status of his health has been closely guarded. Since his cancer became public, several media reports quoted individuals claiming to be knowledgeable about his condition as saying Chavez was in much worse shape than he indicated publicly.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Bankrupt Detroit Makes Deal With Retired Cops, Firefighters
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April