Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned to Havana for medical treatment, Cuban media reported Wednesday.
Unclear was whether Chavez suffered a relapse of the cancer for which he had been treated in Cuba or if the trip was for a medical check-up, CNN reported.
Venezuelans returned Chavez to office in October after he was treated for cancer months earlier.
He underwent cancer treatment in Cuba between 2011 and May, raising questions about his political future and a possible successor. However, he declared himself rid of cancer in July and proceeded with his campaign.
The status of his health has been closely guarded. Since his cancer became public, several media reports quoted individuals claiming to be knowledgeable about his condition as saying Chavez was in much worse shape than he indicated publicly.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'