Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned to Havana for medical treatment, Cuban media reported Wednesday.
Unclear was whether Chavez suffered a relapse of the cancer for which he had been treated in Cuba or if the trip was for a medical check-up, CNN reported.
Venezuelans returned Chavez to office in October after he was treated for cancer months earlier.
He underwent cancer treatment in Cuba between 2011 and May, raising questions about his political future and a possible successor. However, he declared himself rid of cancer in July and proceeded with his campaign.
The status of his health has been closely guarded. Since his cancer became public, several media reports quoted individuals claiming to be knowledgeable about his condition as saying Chavez was in much worse shape than he indicated publicly.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday