Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned to Havana for medical treatment, Cuban media reported Wednesday.
Unclear was whether Chavez suffered a relapse of the cancer for which he had been treated in Cuba or if the trip was for a medical check-up, CNN reported.
Venezuelans returned Chavez to office in October after he was treated for cancer months earlier.
He underwent cancer treatment in Cuba between 2011 and May, raising questions about his political future and a possible successor. However, he declared himself rid of cancer in July and proceeded with his campaign.
The status of his health has been closely guarded. Since his cancer became public, several media reports quoted individuals claiming to be knowledgeable about his condition as saying Chavez was in much worse shape than he indicated publicly.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day