Genevieve Sabourin, the French-Canadian actress accused of stalking actor Alec Baldwin, was arrested and jailed, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office said.
E! News said it is unclear why she was handcuffed and placed behind bars after a scheduled hearing, during which she was assigned a new lawyer, Tuesday morning in New York Supreme Court.
Sabourin, who claims she and Baldwin had a romantic relationship, was arrested in April on suspicion of aggravated harassment and stalking.
She was released on her own recognizance and ordered to stay away from the "30 Rock" star.
E! News said she since has been commenting on Baldwin and his new wife Hilaria via Twitter.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters