Kim Kardashian was the most searched-for celebrity in 2012, according to search engine Bing.
Other top celebs included Justin Bieber at No. 2, bumped down from most-search-for in 2011; Miley Cyrus replacing Jennifer Aniston at No. 3; and Rihanna, replacing Lindsay Lohan at No. 4.
LiLo slipped down to fifth place.
Related: Kim Kardashian Fans Unite With Social Media Site
Honey Boo Boo was the fifth-most popular news story, though she didn't make the top 10 list celeb list.
Among tech searches, the iPhone 5 punched in the top numbers, while viral hits included "Gangnam Style."
'Gangnam' Passes Bieber on YouTube Views
Included among the year's top searches overall were the 2012 election, the London Games and Superstorm Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips