Kim Kardashian was the most searched-for celebrity in 2012, according to search engine Bing.
Other top celebs included Justin Bieber at No. 2, bumped down from most-search-for in 2011; Miley Cyrus replacing Jennifer Aniston at No. 3; and Rihanna, replacing Lindsay Lohan at No. 4.
LiLo slipped down to fifth place.
Related: Kim Kardashian Fans Unite With Social Media Site
Honey Boo Boo was the fifth-most popular news story, though she didn't make the top 10 list celeb list.
Among tech searches, the iPhone 5 punched in the top numbers, while viral hits included "Gangnam Style."
'Gangnam' Passes Bieber on YouTube Views
Included among the year's top searches overall were the 2012 election, the London Games and Superstorm Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers