Kim Kardashian was the most searched-for celebrity in 2012, according to search engine Bing.
Other top celebs included Justin Bieber at No. 2, bumped down from most-search-for in 2011; Miley Cyrus replacing Jennifer Aniston at No. 3; and Rihanna, replacing Lindsay Lohan at No. 4.
LiLo slipped down to fifth place.
Related: Kim Kardashian Fans Unite With Social Media Site
Honey Boo Boo was the fifth-most popular news story, though she didn't make the top 10 list celeb list.
Among tech searches, the iPhone 5 punched in the top numbers, while viral hits included "Gangnam Style."
'Gangnam' Passes Bieber on YouTube Views
Included among the year's top searches overall were the 2012 election, the London Games and Superstorm Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women