"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" remained at the top of the box office, grossing an estimated $43 million in U.S. theaters over the weekend.
The James Bond film, "Skyfall," held onto its No. 2 spot, taking in $36 million in its third weekend in U.S. theaters.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" finished third, taking in $25 million at 2,018 theaters.
DreamWorks Animation's "Rise of the Guardians" debuted at No. 4 with $24 million. Ang Lee's "Life of Pi" was No. 5 with $22 million.
The animated "Wreck-It Ralph" fell to No. 6, taking in $16.7 million, for a three-week total of $149 million.
All studio estimates of gross U.S. receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"Red Dawn" ($14.6 million) debuted at No. 7, while "Flight" ($8.6 million) dropped three spots to come in eighth. The David O. Russell film, "Silver Linings Playbook," starring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro, took the No. 9 spot with $4.6 million from 367 theaters. "Argo" ($3.8 million) was No. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday