A displaced Sandy survivor who was living in a South Jersey hotel was fatally struck by two cars on Sunday in Maple Shade, police said.
Seaside Heights resident Thomas Lewis, 36, who had been staying at Crossland Economy Studios on Route 73, was hit shortly after 1 a.m. as he crossed Route 73 North, near Route 38, in the township.
Lewis was walking with his girlfriend when he was hit, said Lt. Jeffrey Hoch of the Maple Shade police.
Lewis died at the scene. It was unclear how long he had been living at the extended-stay hotel.
Both drivers were cooperating with police, authorities said. Maple Shade police and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the case. No charges have been filed so far.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim