A displaced Sandy survivor who was living in a South Jersey hotel was fatally struck by two cars on Sunday in Maple Shade, police said.
Seaside Heights resident Thomas Lewis, 36, who had been staying at Crossland Economy Studios on Route 73, was hit shortly after 1 a.m. as he crossed Route 73 North, near Route 38, in the township.
Lewis was walking with his girlfriend when he was hit, said Lt. Jeffrey Hoch of the Maple Shade police.
Lewis died at the scene. It was unclear how long he had been living at the extended-stay hotel.
Both drivers were cooperating with police, authorities said. Maple Shade police and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the case. No charges have been filed so far.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones