A displaced Sandy survivor who was living in a South Jersey hotel was fatally struck by two cars on Sunday in Maple Shade, police said.
Seaside Heights resident Thomas Lewis, 36, who had been staying at Crossland Economy Studios on Route 73, was hit shortly after 1 a.m. as he crossed Route 73 North, near Route 38, in the township.
Lewis was walking with his girlfriend when he was hit, said Lt. Jeffrey Hoch of the Maple Shade police.
Lewis died at the scene. It was unclear how long he had been living at the extended-stay hotel.
Both drivers were cooperating with police, authorities said. Maple Shade police and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the case. No charges have been filed so far.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007