A displaced Sandy survivor who was living in a South Jersey hotel was fatally struck by two cars on Sunday in Maple Shade, police said.
Seaside Heights resident Thomas Lewis, 36, who had been staying at Crossland Economy Studios on Route 73, was hit shortly after 1 a.m. as he crossed Route 73 North, near Route 38, in the township.
Lewis was walking with his girlfriend when he was hit, said Lt. Jeffrey Hoch of the Maple Shade police.
Lewis died at the scene. It was unclear how long he had been living at the extended-stay hotel.
Both drivers were cooperating with police, authorities said. Maple Shade police and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the case. No charges have been filed so far.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property