The U.S. Powerball lottery jackpot was at a record $425 million Sunday after no one in 42 states matched all six numbers in the latest draw.
Officials at the lottery based in Urbandale, Iowa, said for the 15th consecutive draw, no one took home the $325 million top prize in Saturday night's drawing.
The numbers drawn were 22, 32, 37, 44, 50 and Powerball 34.
The next draw is Wednesday night.
Should the winner or winners opt for a lump-sum payment instead of annual payments, the cash value will be $278.3 million, the lottery said.
The previous record for a Powerball jackpot was $365 million in February 2006, claimed by eight employees of a meat processing company in Nebraska, CNN said.
The odds of matching all six numbers are 1 in 175,223,510, the lottery said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock