U.S. actor Charlie Sheen rode to the rescue of Lindsey Lohan with a $100,000 check to help pay off the Internal Revenue Service, sources told TMZ.com
The celebrity website said Sunday Lohan was recently handed a bill for $233,904 for back taxes owed from 2009 and 2010 -- a tab Sheen's contribution cut nearly in half.
Sources told TMZ Lohan and Sheen became friends this fall while filming "Scary Movie 5." Their camaraderie turned into commiseration over Lohan's situation with the IRS.
Sheen reportedly offered to help out and Lohan at first declined; however, the actor cut a check anyway and sent it to Lohan's manager. The funds were quickly relayed to Uncle Sam.
TMZ said Lohan will earn about $2 million this year, which should help whittle down her tax debt.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise