U.S. actor Charlie Sheen rode to the rescue of Lindsey Lohan with a $100,000 check to help pay off the Internal Revenue Service, sources told TMZ.com
The celebrity website said Sunday Lohan was recently handed a bill for $233,904 for back taxes owed from 2009 and 2010 -- a tab Sheen's contribution cut nearly in half.
Sources told TMZ Lohan and Sheen became friends this fall while filming "Scary Movie 5." Their camaraderie turned into commiseration over Lohan's situation with the IRS.
Sheen reportedly offered to help out and Lohan at first declined; however, the actor cut a check anyway and sent it to Lohan's manager. The funds were quickly relayed to Uncle Sam.
TMZ said Lohan will earn about $2 million this year, which should help whittle down her tax debt.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property