U.S. actor Charlie Sheen rode to the rescue of Lindsey Lohan with a $100,000 check to help pay off the Internal Revenue Service, sources told TMZ.com
The celebrity website said Sunday Lohan was recently handed a bill for $233,904 for back taxes owed from 2009 and 2010 -- a tab Sheen's contribution cut nearly in half.
Sources told TMZ Lohan and Sheen became friends this fall while filming "Scary Movie 5." Their camaraderie turned into commiseration over Lohan's situation with the IRS.
Sheen reportedly offered to help out and Lohan at first declined; however, the actor cut a check anyway and sent it to Lohan's manager. The funds were quickly relayed to Uncle Sam.
TMZ said Lohan will earn about $2 million this year, which should help whittle down her tax debt.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study