U.S. actor Charlie Sheen rode to the rescue of Lindsey Lohan with a $100,000 check to help pay off the Internal Revenue Service, sources told TMZ.com
The celebrity website said Sunday Lohan was recently handed a bill for $233,904 for back taxes owed from 2009 and 2010 -- a tab Sheen's contribution cut nearly in half.
Sources told TMZ Lohan and Sheen became friends this fall while filming "Scary Movie 5." Their camaraderie turned into commiseration over Lohan's situation with the IRS.
Sheen reportedly offered to help out and Lohan at first declined; however, the actor cut a check anyway and sent it to Lohan's manager. The funds were quickly relayed to Uncle Sam.
TMZ said Lohan will earn about $2 million this year, which should help whittle down her tax debt.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women