Storied boxer Hector 'Macho' Camacho, died today, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Camacho, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion, was shot in the head earlier this week.
According to the Associated Press, Camacho was shot in the head "while sitting in a parked car outside a bar Tuesday with a friend in the city of Bayamon." This morning, he was taken off life support and declared dead at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan. Camacho had been pronounced brain dead on Thursday.
With more than three decades under his belt as boxer, Camacho is remembered as a flamboyant, top-level boxer who boasted a record of 79-6-3, 38 victories by knockout.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls