Storied boxer Hector 'Macho' Camacho, died today, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Camacho, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion, was shot in the head earlier this week.
According to the Associated Press, Camacho was shot in the head "while sitting in a parked car outside a bar Tuesday with a friend in the city of Bayamon." This morning, he was taken off life support and declared dead at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan. Camacho had been pronounced brain dead on Thursday.
With more than three decades under his belt as boxer, Camacho is remembered as a flamboyant, top-level boxer who boasted a record of 79-6-3, 38 victories by knockout.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?