Storied boxer Hector 'Macho' Camacho, died today, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Camacho, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion, was shot in the head earlier this week.
According to the Associated Press, Camacho was shot in the head "while sitting in a parked car outside a bar Tuesday with a friend in the city of Bayamon." This morning, he was taken off life support and declared dead at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan. Camacho had been pronounced brain dead on Thursday.
With more than three decades under his belt as boxer, Camacho is remembered as a flamboyant, top-level boxer who boasted a record of 79-6-3, 38 victories by knockout.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects