Storied boxer Hector 'Macho' Camacho, died today, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Camacho, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion, was shot in the head earlier this week.
According to the Associated Press, Camacho was shot in the head "while sitting in a parked car outside a bar Tuesday with a friend in the city of Bayamon." This morning, he was taken off life support and declared dead at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan. Camacho had been pronounced brain dead on Thursday.
With more than three decades under his belt as boxer, Camacho is remembered as a flamboyant, top-level boxer who boasted a record of 79-6-3, 38 victories by knockout.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years