Storied boxer Hector 'Macho' Camacho, died today, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Camacho, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion, was shot in the head earlier this week.
According to the Associated Press, Camacho was shot in the head "while sitting in a parked car outside a bar Tuesday with a friend in the city of Bayamon." This morning, he was taken off life support and declared dead at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan. Camacho had been pronounced brain dead on Thursday.
With more than three decades under his belt as boxer, Camacho is remembered as a flamboyant, top-level boxer who boasted a record of 79-6-3, 38 victories by knockout.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women