Nissan Motor Co. showed
off the first electric vehicle under its China-only Venucia brand at
the Guangzhou auto show Friday.
Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle Co., a Chinese joint venture of the Japanese automaker, plans to start mass production of the e30 electric car by 2015.
Nissan is currently conducting a feasibility study on electric vehicles in Wuhan, Hubei Province, using its Leaf. It plans to expand the study to include 15 other Chinese cities next year, including Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, and Dalian, Liaoning Province.
The Venucia is targeted at first-time car owners in small regional cities. Two models--the D50 compact sedan and the R50 sports hatchback--are already available under the brand.END
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'