U.S. singer-actress Jennifer Lopez says she has bought an apartment at the Metropol Istanbul in Turkey's Atasehir Finance Centre.
To be completed in 2015, Metropol Istanbul will be one of the biggest mixed projects in the world with its luxury residence, shopping center and recreation areas, its owners said.
The native New Yorker bought the property after performing a string of concerts in Istanbul recently.
"In the future, I want to spend more time in Istanbul, which I admire. I will use my flat in Metropol Istanbul during these visits. I am already excited about looking at the unique view of the Bosporus and Prince islands from my flat. I am very curious about the 400 meter-long shopping street, the Metropol Catwalk in the Project," Lopez said during a ceremony this week in which she was presented with the key to and title documents for her flat.
The amount she paid for the posh digs was not disclosed.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.