U.S. singer-actress Jennifer Lopez says she has bought an apartment at the Metropol Istanbul in Turkey's Atasehir Finance Centre.
To be completed in 2015, Metropol Istanbul will be one of the biggest mixed projects in the world with its luxury residence, shopping center and recreation areas, its owners said.
The native New Yorker bought the property after performing a string of concerts in Istanbul recently.
"In the future, I want to spend more time in Istanbul, which I admire. I will use my flat in Metropol Istanbul during these visits. I am already excited about looking at the unique view of the Bosporus and Prince islands from my flat. I am very curious about the 400 meter-long shopping street, the Metropol Catwalk in the Project," Lopez said during a ceremony this week in which she was presented with the key to and title documents for her flat.
The amount she paid for the posh digs was not disclosed.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers