Cilantro Chicken Over Cumin-Infused Rice Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into an airtight bag with the lime juice and cilantro and let marinate for 15 minutes.
In a saucepot, boil chicken stock over medium heat.
Heat a second saucepan over medium heat, add butter until melted.
Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
Add rice to the saucepan and saute until it becomes translucent.
Add cumin and cayenne and stir until incorporated.
Add the hot chicken stock to the rice. Stir, but then let sit (under medium heat) for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed by the rice.
In a hot skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, saute the chicken skin side down, until golden brown.
Turn the chicken breasts and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken reach internal temp of 160 degrees.
Once both chicken and rice is done, stir rice and add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.
Arrange the chicken and rice on a platter and serve.
College of Lake County culinary students
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women