Cilantro Chicken Over Cumin-Infused Rice Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into an airtight bag with the lime juice and cilantro and let marinate for 15 minutes.
In a saucepot, boil chicken stock over medium heat.
Heat a second saucepan over medium heat, add butter until melted.
Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
Add rice to the saucepan and saute until it becomes translucent.
Add cumin and cayenne and stir until incorporated.
Add the hot chicken stock to the rice. Stir, but then let sit (under medium heat) for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed by the rice.
In a hot skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, saute the chicken skin side down, until golden brown.
Turn the chicken breasts and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken reach internal temp of 160 degrees.
Once both chicken and rice is done, stir rice and add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.
Arrange the chicken and rice on a platter and serve.
College of Lake County culinary students
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?