Cilantro Chicken Over Cumin-Infused Rice Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into an airtight bag with the lime juice and cilantro and let marinate for 15 minutes.
In a saucepot, boil chicken stock over medium heat.
Heat a second saucepan over medium heat, add butter until melted.
Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
Add rice to the saucepan and saute until it becomes translucent.
Add cumin and cayenne and stir until incorporated.
Add the hot chicken stock to the rice. Stir, but then let sit (under medium heat) for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed by the rice.
In a hot skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, saute the chicken skin side down, until golden brown.
Turn the chicken breasts and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken reach internal temp of 160 degrees.
Once both chicken and rice is done, stir rice and add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.
Arrange the chicken and rice on a platter and serve.
College of Lake County culinary students
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4