NASCAR driver Danica Patrick revealed on Facebook Tuesday she is divorcing Paul Hospenthal, her husband of seven years.
Patrick, 30, said in a posting her decision to divorce the 47-year-old physical therapist wasn't an easy one.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after seven years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage," Patrick wrote. "This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
The former IndyCar Series racer this month wrapped up her first full season on NASCAR's Nationwide Series, finishing 10th in its points standings and receiving its Most Popular Driver Award.
Patrick also participated in a 10-race schedule in the Sprint Cup Series this season. She will compete in the premiere series full-time next year for Stewart-Haas Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women