NASCAR driver Danica Patrick revealed on Facebook Tuesday she is divorcing Paul Hospenthal, her husband of seven years.
Patrick, 30, said in a posting her decision to divorce the 47-year-old physical therapist wasn't an easy one.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after seven years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage," Patrick wrote. "This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
The former IndyCar Series racer this month wrapped up her first full season on NASCAR's Nationwide Series, finishing 10th in its points standings and receiving its Most Popular Driver Award.
Patrick also participated in a 10-race schedule in the Sprint Cup Series this season. She will compete in the premiere series full-time next year for Stewart-Haas Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California