NASCAR driver Danica Patrick revealed on Facebook Tuesday she is divorcing Paul Hospenthal, her husband of seven years.
Patrick, 30, said in a posting her decision to divorce the 47-year-old physical therapist wasn't an easy one.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after seven years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage," Patrick wrote. "This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
The former IndyCar Series racer this month wrapped up her first full season on NASCAR's Nationwide Series, finishing 10th in its points standings and receiving its Most Popular Driver Award.
Patrick also participated in a 10-race schedule in the Sprint Cup Series this season. She will compete in the premiere series full-time next year for Stewart-Haas Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy