NASCAR driver Danica Patrick revealed on Facebook Tuesday she is divorcing Paul Hospenthal, her husband of seven years.
Patrick, 30, said in a posting her decision to divorce the 47-year-old physical therapist wasn't an easy one.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after seven years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage," Patrick wrote. "This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
The former IndyCar Series racer this month wrapped up her first full season on NASCAR's Nationwide Series, finishing 10th in its points standings and receiving its Most Popular Driver Award.
Patrick also participated in a 10-race schedule in the Sprint Cup Series this season. She will compete in the premiere series full-time next year for Stewart-Haas Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers