Actress Edie Falco is to headline the world premiere production of Liz Flahive's "The Madrid," New York's Manhattan Theatre Club announced.
Directed by Leigh Silverman, the play will co-star John Ellison Conlee, Heidi Schreck, Phoebe Strole, Frances Sternhagen and Christopher Evan Welch.
Casting for two additional roles in the production will be announced in the coming weeks, producers said Tuesday.
Previews for the limited engagement of "The Madrid" are to begin Feb. 5. It is to open Feb. 26 at MTC at New York City Center.
"Falco stars as Martha, a kindergarten teacher with a life many would want: a loving husband [Conlee,] a devoted daughter [Strole]. But when she leaves it all behind, it's up to her daughter Sarah to pick up the pieces," a synopsis said.
"Two-time Obie winner, Leigh Silverman directs this hilarious and heartbreaking story about motherhood, freedom and trying to see the people in your family as they really are."
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!