Motor Press Guild (MPG), a North American automotive media association with nearly 800 members, today announced the all-new 2013 Cadillac ATS as the winner of the guild's Vehicle of the Year (VOTY) Award. MPG President Laura Burstein will present the award at Cadillac's press conference on the second day of the Los Angeles Auto Show press days on Nov. 29, 2012.
The 2013 Cadillac ATS was one of six finalists chosen by a panel of MPG members who test and review cars on a regular basis. The final vehicles were evaluated and ranked by all voting journalists and analyst members at MPG's annual Track Day event in October. Vehicles were rated in the categories of safety, quality, value, performance/handling, design/style, environmental/green impact and technology/innovation. In addition, journalists were encouraged to consider models that reflect the unique style of Southern California.
"In many ways, the ATS is a breakthrough vehicle for Cadillac," said Ms. Burstein. "Not only is it smaller and leaner than other Cadillacs on the market, it's the first American luxury car that truly goes head-to-head with compact luxury sport sedans from well-known European and Asian brands. Our members remarked that the ATS is capable on both the street and the track, offers a well-made and attractive interior, is replete with the latest technology and - perhaps most importantly - is fun to drive."
Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac Marketing, said, "The ATS is the result of an extensive, all new, ground-up mission to deliver a segment-winning vehicle. That makes it especially rewarding when our efforts are recognized and awarded by a large and influential panel of automotive experts."
To be eligible for the Motor Press Guild Vehicle of the Year award, models must be all-new or substantially changed from the previous year and available at dealerships on or before Jan. 1, 2013.
Other 2012 VOTY finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
2013 Ford Fusion
2013 Honda Accord
2013 Nissan Altima
2013 Scion FR-S
2013 Subaru BRZ.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women