Here is a roundup of Michigan business news:
Schuette: Seniors could face increases of 66% if BCBSM is allowed to be tax-exempt
Most people in the U.S. are talking about the fiscal cliff, but in Michigan, the precipice in the news is the senior cliff.
To get Black Friday weekend deals, plan ahead
Retailers continue to try to lure shoppers into their stores with prices on some items that are the lowest you can typically find, but the products are nearly always available only in very limited quantities.
Ford has hopes for 3-cylinder, EcoBoost engine in 2014 Fiesta
Ford will offer the smallest of its EcoBoost family of engines in the refreshed 2014 Ford Fiesta for those who want more zip and the best fuel economy this side of a hybrid.
Electric car buyers are smart, rich, study says
Owners of plug-in electric cars are well-off, well-educated people who want to wean themselves and the nation off high-price oil, according to a pair of new reports.
Nissan upgrades Leaf electric car, lowers price
The upgraded Nissan Motor Co. Leaf electric car can travel further without recharging, comes in a cheaper model and tells drivers how much battery life is left.
Will Twinkies live on? Hostess, union to try mediation
Twinkies won't die that easily after all. Hostess Brands and its second-largest union will go into mediation to try to resolve their differences, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet.
Ford donates 4 trucks full of Newman's Own food products
Ford and Newman's Own for 12 years have worked with Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization. The automaker is donating four refrigerated trucks filled with Newman's Own food products. Each will be used in a different region of the country.
Dodge Dart won't get Consumer Reports' recommendation
Dodge, Lincoln and Cadillac all took hits from Consumer Reports as the influential consumer magazine criticized important models for each brand.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]