Quick Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe
medium corn or flour tortillas
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 boneless tilapia filets, fresh or thawed if frozen
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
Shredded Mexican or mild cheddar cheese
Corn-black bean medley
Sliced black olives
Have tortillas on plates, ready to be heated later and filled.
In large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add tilapia filets and cook, without moving, for about 2 minutes. Flip and season to taste with sea salt, lemon pepper and southwestern seasoning. Top with half the panko and cook another 2 minutes.
Flip to the other side and season with sea salt, lemon pepper and southwestern seasoning. Top with the remaining panko and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on each side. The fish will be done when it is firm and white in color. The fish should flake apart easily. Do not overcook. Remove from pan and cut into strips.
In the skillet heat the tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side and return to plates. Evenly distribute the tilapia strips, sprinkle with cheese and top with desired garnishes.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors