WASHINGTON, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Jennifer S. Korn, Executive Director of the Hispanic Leadership Network, released the following statement in reaction to the October jobs report released today by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
"October's jobs report is proof positive that our economy - like the value of many of our homes - remains underwater with little movement. 23 million Americans are unemployed, underemployed, or have simply given up looking for work. The increase in the unemployment rate to 7.9% is simply unacceptable.
"For our community, the situation is even worse. The Hispanic unemployment rate went back up to 10% -- hitting the 45th month with double digit unemployment under this Administration. To add insult to injury, we now know that since 2008, there are 3.3 million more Latinos living in poverty.
"Where is the President's plan to foster job creation? As we struggle and try to succeed on our own, we continue to wait for an answer."
CONTACT: Sandra Pedroarias email@example.com Hispanic Leadership Network
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal