Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal, who has been out of action since June, will miss the ATP Tour Finals in London and also next week's Paris indoor event due to his injured left knee, the ATP Tour announced Thursday.
The former world number one has not played a competitive match since his shock loss to unseeded Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon on June 28.
The 26-year old has been suffering with Hoffa syndrome, an inflammation of the fatty tissue situated behind the kneecap in his left knee.
He said in late September that he would not return to the circuit until he was 100 percent fit.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire