Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal, who has been out of action since June, will miss the ATP Tour Finals in London and also next week's Paris indoor event due to his injured left knee, the ATP Tour announced Thursday.
The former world number one has not played a competitive match since his shock loss to unseeded Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon on June 28.
The 26-year old has been suffering with Hoffa syndrome, an inflammation of the fatty tissue situated behind the kneecap in his left knee.
He said in late September that he would not return to the circuit until he was 100 percent fit.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women