Mexican actor and soap star Eduardo Verastegui has teamed up with two conservative groups to attack President Obama for his stands on abortion and immigration.
In doing so, the groups hope to reduce his support in the Latino community, Politico reported Friday.
The Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and the Susan B. Anthony List are using Verastegui in a robocall and Web campaign that encourages Latino voters to support Mitt Romney.
The calls will target voters in six states: Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida.
Obama's support in the Latino community overwhelms that of Romney, 73 percent to 21 percent, in a recent poll by Latino Decision.
At the same time, Latinos are slightly more opposed to abortion than the general population.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors