Mexican actor and soap star Eduardo Verastegui has teamed up with two conservative groups to attack President Obama for his stands on abortion and immigration.
In doing so, the groups hope to reduce his support in the Latino community, Politico reported Friday.
The Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and the Susan B. Anthony List are using Verastegui in a robocall and Web campaign that encourages Latino voters to support Mitt Romney.
The calls will target voters in six states: Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida.
Obama's support in the Latino community overwhelms that of Romney, 73 percent to 21 percent, in a recent poll by Latino Decision.
At the same time, Latinos are slightly more opposed to abortion than the general population.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities