Mexican actor and soap star Eduardo Verastegui has teamed up with two conservative groups to attack President Obama for his stands on abortion and immigration.
In doing so, the groups hope to reduce his support in the Latino community, Politico reported Friday.
The Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and the Susan B. Anthony List are using Verastegui in a robocall and Web campaign that encourages Latino voters to support Mitt Romney.
The calls will target voters in six states: Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida.
Obama's support in the Latino community overwhelms that of Romney, 73 percent to 21 percent, in a recent poll by Latino Decision.
At the same time, Latinos are slightly more opposed to abortion than the general population.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women