Mexican actor and soap star Eduardo Verastegui has teamed up with two conservative groups to attack President Obama for his stands on abortion and immigration.
In doing so, the groups hope to reduce his support in the Latino community, Politico reported Friday.
The Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and the Susan B. Anthony List are using Verastegui in a robocall and Web campaign that encourages Latino voters to support Mitt Romney.
The calls will target voters in six states: Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida.
Obama's support in the Latino community overwhelms that of Romney, 73 percent to 21 percent, in a recent poll by Latino Decision.
At the same time, Latinos are slightly more opposed to abortion than the general population.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property