Residents of a neighborhood in Juarez thought someone had put up a realistic Halloween decoration -- a man dressed in black hanging from a fence.
Halloweeners passed by the prop, the newspaper El Norte reported.
On Thursday, residents and officials discovered that the prop was real. It's not known whether the man committed suicide or someone killed him and hanged him there.
Residents told the newspaper that the man appeared to be in his 30s and was hanged by the neck with a rope.
The neighborhood, known as El Granjero, is on the city's southeast side.
The victim has not been identified, and officials have not released any information on the discovery.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.