More than 80 convicted sex offenders were arrested in California in a statewide Halloween roundup of parole violators, authorities said.
Parole officers conducted compliance checks with more than 1,700 convicted sex offenders Wednesday night as part of "Operation Boo," the Los Angeles Times reported.
More than 50 parolees were arrested in Los Angeles and other Southern California counties, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said.
Officers seized child pornography, drugs and weapons.
The state has conducted an annual Halloween enforcement operation for nearly 20 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Public, Industry Weigh in on Oil Train Safety