Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Sting are to take part in a New York telethon to benefit those impacted by superstorm Sandy, NBC said Thursday.
"Today" anchor Matt Lauer is to serve as host of Friday's hour-long program, which will also include appearances by singer Christina Aguilera, comedian Jimmy Fallon and journalist Brian Williams.
The fundraising event will air on NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA from the New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It will be broadcast live across the East Coast and tape-delayed on the West. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Additional networks could join the broadcast of the telethon prior to airtime.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, NBC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out