Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Sting are to take part in a New York telethon to benefit those impacted by superstorm Sandy, NBC said Thursday.
"Today" anchor Matt Lauer is to serve as host of Friday's hour-long program, which will also include appearances by singer Christina Aguilera, comedian Jimmy Fallon and journalist Brian Williams.
The fundraising event will air on NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA from the New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It will be broadcast live across the East Coast and tape-delayed on the West. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Additional networks could join the broadcast of the telethon prior to airtime.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, NBC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March