Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Sting are to take part in a New York telethon to benefit those impacted by superstorm Sandy, NBC said Thursday.
"Today" anchor Matt Lauer is to serve as host of Friday's hour-long program, which will also include appearances by singer Christina Aguilera, comedian Jimmy Fallon and journalist Brian Williams.
The fundraising event will air on NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA from the New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It will be broadcast live across the East Coast and tape-delayed on the West. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Additional networks could join the broadcast of the telethon prior to airtime.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, NBC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street