Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Sting are to take part in a New York telethon to benefit those impacted by superstorm Sandy, NBC said Thursday.
"Today" anchor Matt Lauer is to serve as host of Friday's hour-long program, which will also include appearances by singer Christina Aguilera, comedian Jimmy Fallon and journalist Brian Williams.
The fundraising event will air on NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA from the New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It will be broadcast live across the East Coast and tape-delayed on the West. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Additional networks could join the broadcast of the telethon prior to airtime.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, NBC said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women