Kevin Bacon, Mary J. Blige, Tina Fey, James Gandolfini, Al Roker and Jon Stewart are to take part in the Hurricane Sandy telethon taping in New York, NBC said.
The stars join the previously announced lineup of performers, which includes Christina Aguilera, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Sting.
Jimmy Fallon and Brian Williams also are to appear on Thursday night's broadcast and Matt Lauer will serve as host.
The hourlong show will air on NBCUniversal, including NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA. The NBC Sports Network and The Weather Channel also have now signed on to air the event. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth