Kevin Bacon, Mary J. Blige, Tina Fey, James Gandolfini, Al Roker and Jon Stewart are to take part in the Hurricane Sandy telethon taping in New York, NBC said.
The stars join the previously announced lineup of performers, which includes Christina Aguilera, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Sting.
Jimmy Fallon and Brian Williams also are to appear on Thursday night's broadcast and Matt Lauer will serve as host.
The hourlong show will air on NBCUniversal, including NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA. The NBC Sports Network and The Weather Channel also have now signed on to air the event. The telethon also will be live-streamed on NBC.com.
Money collected will be donated to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged