Paula Broadwell, the Charlotte woman involved in the scandal that led to the resignation of David Petraeus as CIA director, returned to her Dilworth home Sunday afternoon with her two children and her husband, Scott.
It was the first time they'd been home since the scandal broke more than a week ago.
On Monday morning, the family appeared to be trying to resume a normal life, as Paula and Scott Broadwell each left the home with a child, possibly taking the children to school.
Neither of the parents would take questions from reporters, but Scott Broadwell asked a group of reporters and photographers outside the home to step back, saying he was worried that someone might get struck by a vehicle being backed out.
Moments later, Paula Broadwell left in one vehicle with a son. Scott Broadwell then pulled out of the driveway with the couple's other son aboard.
On Sunday afternoon, Scott Broadwell told reporters, "At some point, I'll have a statement for you, but not yet."
Paula Broadwell immediately went into the house with the children, while Scott Broadwell unloaded groceries and suitcases from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. When he finishing unloading, he turned to the media and said, "See you guys tomorrow."
Later, about a dozen neighbors and friends arrived at the house, some bringing dinner.
"They're doing really as well as can be expected," neighbor Liz Burgess said. "They just let us have the opportunity to be there for them."
A family acquaintance who did not want to be named said Paula Broadwell was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from friends and is looking forward to returning to a normal life.
Staff writers Mark Washburn and Steve Lyttle contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'